Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Playlist

Oh shnap! I almost forgot to post a summer playlist. As usual, I have far more songs on my itunes summer playlist than I can reasonably post, so I've narrowed it down to 40. Also as usual, some bands had so many ideal summer songs that I had to just pick a few. Some of the best summer bands are Led Zeppelin, Eliza Doolittle, The Aquabats, Guster, Queen, The White Stripes, The Beatles, and The Decemberists. Interestingly, my summer playlist has the highest concentration of songs I'm somewhat embarrassed to say I enjoy listening to from time to time. And several of them even made it to this list out of the nearly 400 songs on my itunes playlist. Mostly they're just upbeat songs that make me want to dance if only I knew how, and they all have some sort of nostalgic significance connecting to dearly beloved people. So don't hate.
  1. Rocky Road to Dublin (aBuck63)
  2. Ceann Dubh Dilis (Anuna)
  3. Pool Party (The Aquabats)
  4. Theme Song (Arthur and Friends)
  5. Sk8r Boi (Avril Lavigne)
  6. I Wanna Hold Your Hand (The Beatles)
  7. I've Got a Feelin' (The Black-Eyed Peas)
  8. Stick Shifts and Safety Belts (Cake)
  9. If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out (Cat Stevens)
  10. Put Your Records On (Corinne Bailey Rae)
  11. The Sporting Life (The Decemberists)
  12. Pack Up (Eliza Doolittle)
  13. You Got Me (Elk City)
  14. What You Call Love (Guster)
  15. Loch Lomond (Jesse Ferguson)
  16. Thick as a Brick (Jethro Tull)
  17. All These Things That I've Done (The Killers)
  18. 21st Century Schizoid Man (King Crimson)
  19. Dragon Island (Koji Kondo, from The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker)
  20. What Is and What Should Never Be (Led Zeppelin)
  21. Houses of the Holy (Led Zeppelin)
  22. The Best Way to Travel (The Moody Blues)
  23. The Cave (Mumford and Sons)
  24. Knights of Cydonia (Muse)
  25. He Reigns (The Newsboys)
  26. Away from You (The O.C. Supertones)
  27. Creatures of the Earth (The Pages)
  28. Free Four (Pink Floyd)
  29. Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
  30. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
  31. Can't Always Get What You Want (The Rolling Stones)
  32. Decatur, or, Round of Applause for Your Stepmother (Sufjan Stevens)
  33. Gone (Switchfoot)
  34. Dynamite (Taio Cruz)
  35. Galop and Dance of the Parents (Tchaikovsky, from The Nutcraker)
  36. Tribute (Tenacious D)
  37. Mama Told Me Not to Come (Three Dog Night)
  38. Over the Waterfall and Harvest Home (Tropical Harps)
  39. Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes)
  40. Joker and the Thief (Wolfmother)

No comments: